“We are a team of restoration professionals who are dedicated to providing you comprehensive cleanup & repair services through compassion, integrity, and knowledge.”
Lead Restoration Technician
Contents and Cleaning Specialist
Locally owned and operated in Traverse City since 1976, Flood Fighters has been the premier cleaning and disaster restoration company in Northern Michigan for over 40 years.
Fully licensed and insured, our team of restoration specialists are also certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (lICRC). We have extensive training in all aspects of cleaning and restoration and we strive to remain up to date with the latest procedures and technologies.
With immediate action we can help prevent permanent damage to your home and furnishings. Our technicians are certified in Water Damage Restoration with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC). When disaster strikes, you need a team of professionals to get your home or business back to normal, quickly and effectively. With 24-hour emergency response, we provide water extraction and drying promptly and professionally.
Complete and Effecient
We have a full time crew of building professionals that specialize in restoration repairs. Our goal is to make sure that you are comfortable with the entire process and receive a high quality product in a timely manner. We use our knowledge and experience in the insurance restoration industry to confidently communicate with the insurance representatives, navigating you through the entire restoration process from the initial loss, all the way through to the completion of the repairs.
We specialize in the removal of those stubborn and persistent odors that may plague your home or business. Our certified Odor Control Technicians have the technical knowledge and equipment necessary to neutralize even the most elusive odors. We can make the air in your dwelling feel, and smell fresh again. -Skunk Spray -Cigarette Smoke -Mildew & Must -Cat & Dog Odors
Carpet, Rug & Upholstery Cleaning
Our technicians are certified Carpet Cleaning Technicians with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC) and will first evaluate the areas to be cleaned and discuss with you the most appropriate cleaning method that should be used. Our understanding of the chemistry of cleaning allows us to safely clean and remove spots and protect the integrity of your carpet and upholstery.
- Truck-mounted steam extraction & low-moisture (encapsulation) cleaning options
- Specialized dry-soil removal cleans dirt from deep in the fiber
- Detailed pre-vacuuming
- Custom spot removal
- Fabric & textile protectant
- Speed drying with high velocity fans and commercial dehumidifiers
- Furniture moving
- Severe odor removal
Deep Cleaning and Quick Drying
Using powerful, truck-mounted steam extraction, we are able to rinse deep into the fiber and then thoroughly extract the remaining moisture. If needed, we can set up high velocity fans and professional dehumidifiers to speed the drying process. We also have low moisture (encapsulation) cleaning methods if it needs to be dry within the hour.
Fire, Smoke & Soot Damage
Make an Informed Decision
After fire or smoke damage, it will be natural for you to want to clean it yourself. We recommend that you call a certified, licensed professional who can make an expert evaluation of your situation and recommend the procedures that will best protect and restore your home and valuables. The wrong actions can make restoration more difficult and could greatly delay your return to normal.
What TO do:
- Call a certified restoration professional right away to help evaluate the situation.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on kitchen appliances with a light coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Open windows for ventilation (weather permitting).
- Change furnace filter if blower is operational.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off, and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect smoked bathroom faucets, tub fittings and towel bars with a light coating of oil.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, sinks and tubs to prevent freezing if heat is off in winter.
- Wash plants with water on both sides of leaves (softened water helps).
- Call a plumber to winterize if heat is off in cold weather.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
What NOT to do:
- Wipe or attempt to wash walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use upholstered furniture if this can be avoided.
- Use exposed food items, or canned goods which have been subjected to heat.
- Use TV’s stereos or electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner or laundromat. Improper cleaning may set smoke and odor.
We understand that there is an emotional aspect to a loss that reaches far beyond just cleaning and restoring your home. Our technicians treat your personal belongings with the care and attention that you deserve in order to ensure your peace of mind. We take pride in catering to your specific needs and being sensitive to the situation at hand. In order to bring you back to normal as quickly as possible, we are happy to assist in any of the following ways:
- Detailed inventory & pictures of damaged items.
- Moving & storing contents.
- Cleaning & deodorization of home and contents.
After the structure has been thoroughly cleaned and belongings are secured, some building materials may be in need of further repairs. If this is the case, we would be happy to assist you with your reconstruction needs. We have a crew on staff ready to put your home back together exactly as it was, or if needed we are happy to make changes and improvements that suit your interest
If you suspect that you may have an issue with mold growth in your home or business, please don’t hesitate to call us to take a look. Even if you don’t see any mold growing, musty & mildew odors are a good indicator that moisture and fungi or bacteria may be present.
No matter how ambitious you may be feeling, there are some cleaning projects that you shouldn’t have to overwhelm yourself with. Our technicians are certified with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC) and are trained to be able to clean, disinfect, and deodorize after many of life’s unfortunate events. We are happy to provide ‘green’ cleaning options as well while we return your home or business back to normal.
-Trauma Cleanup -Guano Remediation (bat droppings) -Animal Intrusions -Sewer Back-ups -Mold Remediation -Hoarding Cleanup
Get In Touch
Phone: (231) 922-0600
Address: 2588 Garfield Rd N Ste 45, Traverse City, MI 49686
Business Hours: 24/7
Cities We Serve
- Traverse City
- Suttons Bay
- Glen Arbor
- Bear Lake
- Fife Lake
- Rapid City
- Lake City
- Houghton Lake
- Elk Rapids
- East Jordan
- Boyne City
Counties We Serve
- Grand Traverse County
- Benzie County
- Kalkaska County
- Leelanau County
- Antrim County
- Manistee County
- Wexford County
- Missaukee County
- Roscommon County
- Crawford County
- Otsego County
- Antrim County
- Charlevoix County